Terms and conditions
This website (only www.dorna.com), including any section and/or sub-section accessible through the homepage (henceforth referred to as “the Website”), is the property of, edited by and maintained by DORNA SPORTS, S.L. with domicile in Spain Principe de Vergara 183, Madrid 28002. (henceforth referred to as “DORNA”). The VAT number of DORNA is ES-B-84.760.800. The relevant registration within the Mercantil Register in Madrid is the following: Tomo 18985, Libro 0, Folio 44, Sección 8M with registering date at 8th October, 2004. The Website does not include any sub-domain or sub-site.
Should you purchase any product or services through this Website, you may purchase them from DORNA SPORTS, S.L or from any affiliate if so specified as established in the particular conditions that you will have to expressly accept before any purchase. READ CAREFULLY any PURCHASING POLICY before initiating any purchase.
We request that you bear in mind and take note upon accessing, browsing or utilising the Website, the User accepts the terms and conditions indicated in this document and any additional terms and conditions indicated in any part of the Website, without limits or reservations.
1. Any material presented in the Website including, but not limited to, audio, images, software, text and/or videoclips (henceforth referred to as “Content”) is protected according to the Intellectual Property Laws. The Content should not be used, apart from in the form specified in this document and/or in the “Purchasing Policies”, and it remains prohibited to eliminate references to copyright or commercial brands and any other corresponding references. Any unauthorised use of Content will be penalised.
2. DORNA is not responsible for any products or services offered, sold or provided by different parties other than DORNA.
3. The User is only authorised to use the Website for personal purposes. Therefore the User is always an end consumer and not a reseller or otherwise. Supply, copy, exchange, modification, selling and transmission of any Content at which the User may have access through the Website for any purpose is not permitted, whether it be for free or paid.
4. Visiting the Website does not oblige the User to purchase or contract any product or service. However, User will be able to purchase products or services according to the “Purchasing Policies” for each product or service.
5. If the user is accessing dorna.com video content through a mobile device, please note that the viewing experience may vary depending on the internet connection, device and/or OS. If the user is experiencing problems viewing certain features on dorna.com on iPhone, iPad or other mobile devices we suggest using a computer/laptop.
6. DORNA offers links to other websites solely for the convenience of visitors, and is not responsible for the content of any page accessed through the Website. The existence of links to any other page from the Website does not mean that DORNA approves of, subscribes to or recommends said page. DORNA is not responsible for any content from third parties and does not give any warranty, explicit or implicit, in relation to the accuracy, legality, exactitude or validity of any other page. DORNA is not responsible for any product and/or offered by or purchased from different parties other than DORNA.
7. The User acknowledges and accepts that access to the Website may suffer interruptions, and that in certain moment access to specific or all Contents may not be available.
8. If the User is able to access “chat” or download/upload Contents, then upon using any of these areas the User commits itself not to send, transmit, upload or publish through this means content that may be contrary to the law, morality or public order, as well as threatening in any form or interfering with the use of the Website by another User, including DORNA.
9. The User acknowledges and accepts that DORNA is not responsible for Content from third parties, or for any cases of defamation, error, inaccuracy, slander, obscenity or blasphemy included in such communication. DORNA, in cases in which they have knowledge of such matters, will be able to modify, edit or delete any material used or conversations deemed illegal, indecent, obscene or offensive, or that violate DORNA policy in any form. DORNA will fully cooperate with any law-upholding authorities or judicial orders that solicit the identity of whom ever publishes such material.
10. Safe for personal data if registering, any communication or material that the User sends to the Website, including details, questions, comments, ideas, suggestions or similar, will be considered non-confidential information by DORNA and that is in the public domain. Such communication may be used by DORNA or its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, publication, retransmission and forwarding. Likewise, the User acknowledges and accepts that DORNA will be free to use (without restriction, time limit or compensation to the User) in any way and for any purpose, any ideas, concepts or techniques included or derived from any User-Website correspondence.
11. The User acknowledges and accepts that transmissions through the Internet are never totally private and secure, unless indicated to the contrary. Sending a message to DORNA does not imply that DORNA has special responsibility as regards the User. In the moment that the User accesses pages or sections in which the existence of security control is specified (as in the case of a bank transfer), the security of the data’s being sent will be established by set conditions.
12. DORNA gives no warranty that the Website will be error-free, uninterrupted or that the use of the Website and/or the Content, search or link on the Website will provide specific result. The Website and the Content are delivered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis.
13. In the same way, DORNA gives no warranty with respect to the merchantability and/or fitness of the Website and/or the Content for a particular purpose. DORNA and or its affiliates will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Website, including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
14. DORNA, within the limits of the law, assumes no responsibility, including but not limited to, negligence on the side of DORNA, for any loss or damage caused to computers or software deriving from use of the Website, or from the downloading of material, data, text, images, audio or video from the Website, whether it be caused by a virus or any other form.
15. DORNA disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any users, advertisers and/or sponsors on the Website. DORNA is not responsible for the products, services, actions or failure to act of any Event venue, performer, promoter or other third party in connection with or referenced on this Website.
16. DORNA, including its affiliated companies, will not be liable to the user for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including but not limited to lost profits, even if such damage was reasonably foreseeable and/or even if DORNA has advised of the possibility of such damages.
17. The user agrees to indemnify and hold DORNA, including its affiliated companies and its employees, officers and/or partners, harmless from any liability, loss, claim or demand, including attorney fees, arising out of the User’s use of the Website, including without limitation any uploading of content and/or comments and/or posting of links.
18. The present Terms and Conditions of Use, and any other additional conditions published on the Website, constitute a full agreement between DORNA and the User in relation to the use of the Website, and are applicable to the relationship between the buyer and DORNA or DORNA’s affiliates if the User acquires any service or product through the Website. If DORNA or any of its affiliates delays or fails to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions it shall not mean that DORNA or any of its affiliates has waived its right to do so. If it is found by a Court that any of these Terms and Conditions for any reason cannot be enforced, this shall not prevent the other provisions from continuing to apply. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and no action taken by the User, DORNA or any of its affiliates under this Terms and Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other relationship between the parties beyond the contractual relationship established under these Terms and Conditions.
19. The User is obliged to comply with any additional conditions indicated on the Website, likewise any conditions able to be modified either as necessary or in accordance with a change in law or regulation. DORNA will be permitted to modify in whole or in part the present Terms and Conditions Of Use and/or any Purchasing Policy (for acquiring services or products), at any given moment, at its sole discretion and without prior notice to the User. Continuing to use the Website or the products or services acquired, after such changes have been published indicates an acceptance of said changes. DORNA, attending to the general interest of DORNA, reserves the right to modify, cancel, alter replace, change, interrupt or suspend any Content published on the Website, be it temporary or permanent, without prior notification or assuming any responsibility.
20. Force Majeure. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond the control of one of the parties including, without limitation, act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, electricity black-out, network or server failure, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements, actions taken by the police, acts or regulations of national or local governments. DORNA and its affiliated companies will not be liable to the User for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
21. DORNA is entitled to assign any right and obligation under these Terms and Conditions provided that the User’s rights are not adversely affected.
22. The present Terms and Conditions Of Use are governed and subject to Spanish law, without reference to legal norms, and in the case of a dispute the User it will be submitted to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Madrid, Spain. If any dispute arises out of these Terms and Conditions, DORNA or any of its affiliates will attempt to settle it. To this end, DORNA shall use the reasonable endeavours to consult, negotiate in good faith, and attempt to reach a just and equitable settlement satisfactory to both parties.
23. According with the provisions of current Regulation, the User is informed that the access to the Website does not imply that the User is obliged to provide any personal information.
24. However, the use of certain of the services available on the Web depends on the User’s registration, and the completion by the User of personal information forms.
26. The User acknowledges that has been informed and expressly accepts that, upon the User registration to the Website, the execution of such services implies the treatment by DORNA of the provided personal data and also implies the processing of the personal data derived from the use of the Website for it’s technical administration, and the correct management of the services available and/or requested by the User, as well as, where applicable their invoicing and the prevention of fraud upon their acquisition.
27. If the User decides to validate the account using for that purpose any external platform (such as Facebook or others), DORNA will be informed of the corresponding identification data (including his/hers email when consent will be given).
28. The necessary personal data for providing the different services available on the Website will be the indicated in the corresponding form enabled in respect to that effect. The refusal to provide the personal data necessary for providing such services implies the impossibility of providing the particular service requested.
29. DORNA on a legitimate interest basis, may use the information regarding the analysis of the Website and the acquisition of products and services by the User, for the purpose of personalizing the website contents either for the purpose of sending regular information, even by electronic media, related to conditions and benefits for registered Users, as well as information of products and/or service, offers and promotions (such offers related to other competitions organized by DORNA or the group Dorna etc.) that may be of User’s interest, taking into account User’s browsing preferences and acquisition history. User may manage, any kind of communications that wishes to receive or oppose to the personal data processing for these purposes by communicating to DORNA at any time.
30. Furthermore, when the User gives his consent for the abovementioned purpose, DORNA may use the User’s profile and contact data to send this type of communications, even after the contractual relationship has ended and in relation to products and services offered by DORNA sponsors or third parties related to motorcycling. Users can revoke or cancel the consent at any moment.
31. For the purpose of keeping your personal data updated, User shall inform DORNA of any change that may occur with respect to the User’s personal data. DORNA reserves the right to carry out the corresponding controls to verify the authenticity of the personal data provided, as a means of avoiding fraudulent use of the services offered on the Website.
32. As long as the User shall not expressly cancel their personal data, it will remain as valid personal data, until such personal data is canceled according to the internal procedures of DORNA, considering that the personal data is no longer appropriate for the stated purpose.
33. In any case, DORNA reserves the right to keep the User’s data in case that it is necessary to comply with the obligations and responsibilities imposed by mandatory applicable laws or regulations, or upon request of the corresponding competent authority according to law.
34. DORNA has adopted technical and organizational measures to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, availability and permanent resilience of every systems and processing services, as well as avoiding alteration, loss, treatment or unauthorized access to such personal data.
35. User personal data may be communicated to DORNA’s necessary service providers, and even could be the object of an international data transfer to countries located outside the European Economic Area, including countries that do not provide an adequate data protection level, equivalent to European Regulation. In such cases, any legal steps shall be taken in order to guarantee an adequate data protection level. In particular, User’s data may be transferred to E.E.U.U. by the Salesforce provider, which transfer has been authorized by the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
36. User is hereby informed that may exercises his/hers rights, free of charge and when deemed appropriate, as established in the current regulations, in relation to:
• Opposition to data processing made in virtue of the legitimate interest of DORNA.
• Revocation or cancellation to the consent granted.
• Access to own personal data.
• Rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data.
• Request of personal data deletion.
• Obtain the limitation of the processing of your data when any of the conditions provided in the data protection regulations is met.
• Request the portability of personal data.
To exercise such rights, the User may address to DORNA’s domicile, at Calle Príncipe de Vergara 183, 28002, Madrid (Spain) or may send e-mail to email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of a document proving his identity.
37. If you consider that any rights may have been violated, the User shall file a complaint with the “National Control Authority” regarding the protection of personal data.
38. To contact with the right holder of the domain name dorna.com you may send and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post mail to DORNA SPORTS, S.L. with domicile in Spain Principe de Vergara 183, Madrid 28002.
© DORNA 2018. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
A cookie (also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember useful information (such as items in a shopping cart) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in or recording which pages were visited by the user as far back as months or years ago).
A visit to a page on dorna.com may generate the following types of cookie:
Anonymous analytics cookies:
Every time a user visits the website, software provided by another organisation generates an ‘anonymous analytics cookie’.
These cookies can tell us whether or not you have visited the site before.
Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies and, if you don’t, we generate new ones.
This allows us to track how many individual users we have and how often they visit the site.
We cannot use these cookies to identify individuals. We use them to gather statistics: for example, the number of visits to a page.
(For example, Google Analytics)
How do I turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website.
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, or you can use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.